"A mind stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions."
- Oliver Wendell Holmes
S-T-R-E-T-C-H is more than everyday exercise for the Prouty Project and its clients. It's an annual adventure!
Thinking differently is only the beginning when clients, associates, and friends join us on a S-T-R-E-T-C-H Expedition to a world beyond our comfortable offices and homes. These adventures are meant to push the limits of our mind, heart, and body. That's when people get energized to think more strategically!
Three key results of joining the Prouty Project for a S-T-R-E-T-C-H Expedition:
Develop a keener mindset to learn
Curiosity leads to learning, especially when asking: "How big is big: Are there bigger mountains I could tackle - in my business or life?" Creative thinking happens at a faster pace outside the box.
Journal to stimulate reflection
While stretching, it's important to meet many people, ask a lot of questions, take good notes, and spend time to reread and reflect. By going away to stretch, it's possible to think differently about your business and clients - key to strategic planning and organizational performance!
Gain a longer view of business and life
An adventure that challenges people mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually can help them gain a totally fresh perspective. We often go off the beaten path to rub shoulders with the masses (rather than tourists) and make our hearts beat a little faster, such as climbing Mount Kilimanjaro. In other years, we focus on making small differences through volunteer projects, such as teaching children in an Indian orphanage or building homes in the post-tsunami region of Sri Lanka.
Past Stretch Expeditions:
- '17 Hiking and Kayaking, Norway
- '16 Friendship Beyond the Headlines, Cuba
- '15 Camino de Santiago, Spain
- '14 An Arabian Journey: Care, Teach, Share - A Week in Morocco
- '13 Adventure Sailing in the British Virgin Islands
- '12 Going Green in the Galapagos
- '11 Colorado Adventure Team Challenge
- '10 Medical Clinic Construction in the Amazon
- '09 Bicycling Adventure in South Africa
- '08 Microfinancing, Poverty, and Kids, India
- '07 Mountaineering in Northern Patagonia,Chile
- '06 Tsunami Rebuilding Project, Sri Lanka
- '05 Ran the Paris Marathon, France
- '04 Volunteer Work at Two Orphanages, China
- '03 Trekked Milford Track, Biked, Sea Kayaked, New Zealand
- '02 Taught Conversational English, Vietnam
- '01 Trekked to Base Camp, Mt. Everest, Nepal
- '00 Helped Build Daycare Center, Ecuador
- '99 Climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future
by Ashlee Vance
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
“They helped us go where others had not gone before. They learned and stretched with us to get us all to a productive spot. They helped us be innovative. And lastly, they cared about our success! They were a valuable asset to the start-up of our venture."
Christine Quinn, Ph.D. Provost and Vice Chancellor | University of Wisconsin