Top Ten Things to Know About Peter:
- I am crazy about my wife, Tanya, and my two kids, Sydney and Jackson.
- I have a powerful passion for practicing possibility-thinking and my car license plate is the word, “CREATE.” Honk if you see me driving around!
- I love sailing, surfing, rock-climbing, fly-fishing, writing, stone-sculpting, playing polo, carpentry, learning languages and taking care of our chickens and our Norwegian Fjord pony “Viola”, and our unusual cats, Emmet and Silver.
- I specialize in engaging business leaders and teams in transformational experiences which enhance their life skills, belief systems, and communication processes for working better together.
- I am fascinated by global cross-cultural communication, and have been blessed to have traveled, lived and worked in 47 countries in Asia, Africa, Europe, and Latin America.
- I joined the Prouty Project team in May of 2008. Prior to joining, I served for nine years as a Global Performance Consultant with Wilson Learning Worldwide, where I was a writer, designer, and lead facilitator for programs focusing on global effectiveness, customer service, principled negotiation, virtual teams, and executive coaching.
- My professional / community involvement is now focused on serving on the Board of Trustees, Voyageur Outward Bound School and the Advisory Board for No Barriers Warriors.
- My formal education was from St. Lawrence University, B.A. Government, Anthropology, and Creative Writing; Cornell University Graduate Program, Full-Year Asian Language Concentration on Indonesian; and Mankato State University, Master of Science (M.S.) in Experiential Education. My informal education comes every day from the amazing people I know and with whom I work.
- Certifications: Licensed Practitioner-Insights Discovery, MBTI qualified; Mobius Model™, Master Facilitator for Wilson Learning Worldwide; Certified Leader-Interplay Dance; and United States Sailing Association-Bareboat Cruising Certified.
- My favorite quote: “An adventure is only an inconvenience, rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure, wrongly considered.” ~ G.K. Chesterton
Top Ten Things to Know About Kari:
- My husband, Tim, and I live in Eden Prairie along with our 14 year old dog, Jake (adorable French Brittany, but deaf and ornery).
- We have two awesome adult "kids" that we are grateful still live in the southwestern suburbs; Josh, who works for Cargill, Inc. and our daughter Jessi, who works for MAC (MN Autism Center).
- I enjoy golfing, skiing, hiking, biking, scuba, and mostly traveling to see this amazing and beautiful world given to us.
- For peace of mind, I actually enjoy working out regularly and weeding the garden!
- We look forward to as many weekends as possible to go boating in the summer, snowmobiling in the winter, and just being together with family at our cabin in Nisswa, Minnesota.
- Through a 5-week journey to Mozambique, Africa I had the amazing opportunity to experience being the hands and feet of God to the orphan children and missionaries of the Maforga Mission.
- I initially joined the Prouty Project team in 2006 with over fifteen years of executive administrative experience. I enjoyed 5 years with this team, then took a little sabbatical to re-build our cabin, then returned on a part-time basis in 2013.
- As a client services assistant I get to make life a little easier for the client services team.
- Education: East Texas State University, B.S. Degree in Sociology and Business.
- My favorite quote: "The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up." ~ Mark Twain
Top 10 Things To Know About Christina:
- I am currently living in Maple Grove.
- In my spare time, I like to go to movies, go out with friends, and explore new music.
- I joined the Prouty Project in April 2011.
- As one of the firm's Associate Consultants, I provide consulting support and client relationship management for Peter Bailey and Sam Smith in their efforts in the Organization Development practice area.
- My first trip outside the States was in college to Australia where I got the chance to go white water rafting, pet a kangaroo and koala bear, and try scuba diving.
- I was on the dance team in high school and college and still like to bust a move every once in a while.
- I enjoy the holidays when my family puts up 40,000 + Christmas lights and decorations on the outside of our house every year.
- My first job in high school was at Caribou Coffee, where I formed a fierce addiction to their mochas and lattes.
- Education: University of Saint Thomas, BA Social Sciences-Sociology.
- My favorite quote: “You are braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” ~ Christopher Robin to Winnie the Pooh
Top Ten Things to Know About Mike:
- My wife, Jane, and I live in Chanhassen. We have a daughter, Lauren; two sons, Jeffrey and Charlie; and our golden retriever, Princess Riley.
- I absolutely love my daily dose of exercise, golfing, and boating with family and friends.
- I work with management teams, boards of directors, and staff groups to facilitate strategic planning, team, leadership development, and executive retreats.
- I joined the Prouty Project team as a partner in 2000 and was named CEO in 2005. I have 35 years of financial and operational management experience in the health care, manufacturing, and public accounting industries. Prior to joining the Prouty Project, I spent 12 years as a senior financial leader at Mayo Clinic Rochester where I was actively involved in the strategic planning and team development activities of a 900 plus person finance department. Prior to that, I was a Controller for a $100M manufacturing company that supplied parts to the automotive industry.
- I started my career at the public accounting firm, PricewaterhouseCoopers, serving in its Minneapolis and New York City offices.
- My current professional/community involvement includes: Board of Directors, Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Greater Twin Cities; Board of Directors, Business Advisory Board, College of Business of Winona State University; and member, Legatus.
- Education: Graduated with honors, Winona State University, B.S. Accounting (1979).
- Recent conferences include: World Business Forum, New York City, NY; Balanced Scorecard (Michigan State University and The Eli Broad Graduate School of Management); Performance Management Workshop and Accelerating Change Through Human Performance (Aubrey Daniels); Continuous Improvement Facilitator Training (Juran); Seven Habits of Highly Effective People (Covey); Empowerment for High Performing Organizations and Responsibility Based Teaming (Galindo); The Highlands Ability Battery Workshop; and Mentoring at Mayo, a Mayo Leadership Development Program.
- My favorite quotes: "I judge people's character not by the adversity they face but how they react to it." ~ Anonymous
- "Definition of a Mission Statement: Long awkward sentence demonstrating management's inability to think clearly." ~ Dilbert
Top Ten Things to Know About Melissa:
- My husband, Bayard, and I live in Eden Prairie, a southwest Minneapolis suburb. We have a five year old son named Parker and a one year old daughter named Westin.
- You’ll find me traveling to new places, spending time with friends and family, and running 5Ks, 10Ks, and an occasional half-marathon.
- Reflecting back on my ten years with the Prouty Project, I most enjoy the opportunity to continue to learn and grow each and every day.
- I provide consulting support and client relationship management for Mike Felmlee and Andrea West and their efforts in the strategic planning practice area.
- I manage the firm’s finances along with our controller, Jeff Knack and manage the firm's marketing efforts to include editor of our quarterly newsletter, social media, and website.
- I began working with the Prouty Project in 2004 after spending several years working for the CEO and CFO of a publicly traded company.
- Education: B.S. Degree in Business Administration from Northwestern College.
- My community involvement includes: A host mom to a young woman who was part of A Better Chance. A scholarship organization that provides students of color the chance to attend college-prep private and public schools across the country.
- How I stretch myself: I ran the Twin Cities Marathon, after being inspired by our 2005 Stretch Expedition, running the Paris Marathon.
- My favorite quote: “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” ~ Mary Kay Ash
Top 10 Things To Know About Hayley
- I have eight nieces and nephews, so my name can be anything from “auntie” or “very best friend” to “Haydee” and anything in between.
- I am a very big fan of antiquing and finding the treasure in some older piece of furniture. I hope to someday have Chip and Joanna Gaines design my future home on Fixer Upper.
- I love rainy days, I can either be inside wrapped in a blanket on the couch with a cup of hot chocolate and a good book, or outside walking in the rain.
- I play intramural volleyball, read, and watch movies in my spare time – especially Dirty Dancing.
- I am currently a sophomore at the University of St. Thomas in Saint Paul, pursuing a degree in Accounting.
- I typically go with the flow, so if you ask me what I’m doing in 3 weeks, or even in 2 days, it’s likely I won’t entirely know yet. This lets me make spontaneous plans with friends, and change things up with each new day.
- I thoroughly enjoy volunteering. Some organizations that I have volunteered with before include; Memorial Blood Centers, March of Dimes, Boys and Girls Club of Saint Paul, and GoldenLiving Center.
- As the office and client services intern, I help out with projects around the office, and I assist the client services team with various tasks. Each day is something different, so I am able to be challenged on a daily basis.
- So far, I have loved my internship with the Prouty Project; it challenges me, inspires me, and allows me to be myself all the while allowing me to better my professional skills.
- One of my favorite quotes is: “if you can dream it, you can do it.” – Walt Disney
Top 10 Things To Know About Kristin:
- I graduated from DePauw University with a B.A. in psychology.
- I lived in Indianapolis for two years after graduating, where I was working on a marketing team at a software company as part of the Orr Fellowship.
- I spent six summers working at Camp Olson YMCA in northern Minnesota. I was a counselor, sailing instructor, horseback riding instructor, and eventually became the Assistant Director. I even led campers on a couple canoe trips to the Boundary Waters and a hiking trip on the Superior Hiking Trail.
- I love spending time outside, traveling, and going on fun adventures. Some of my favorites include Scuba diving in Cozumel, skydiving, climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, and walking the Camino de Santiago on the 2015 STRETCH Expedition.
- I lived in Copenhagen, Denmark for four months where I studied positive psychology. I lived with a wonderful host family with whom I still keep in touch and see once a year.
- I joined The Prouty Project in October 2016.
- As an Associate Consultant, I provide consulting support and client relationship management for Mike Felmlee and Andrea West in their efforts in the Strategic Planning practice area.
- I love podcasts – my favorites are TED Radio Hour and Invisibilia.
- I took a class called “Happiness” during my freshman year of college and it positively impacted and shaped the rest of my educational experience and my professional life.
- Favorite quote: “Whatever you are, be a good one.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
Top Ten Things to Know About Jeff:
- My wife, Monica, and I live in Brooklyn Park. We have four children: one graduated and working full time, two still in college, and one at home attending high school.
- We are animal lovers. We have a dog, a cat and a guinea pig at home and we also board our horse in Hugo.
- I am a classic and antique car enthusiast. On occasion I take my 1987 Ford Thunderbird Turbo to local car shows.
- In my spare time I like to visit the Minnesota State Parks, take road trips, and go hiking and biking.
- I coached girls’ softball (ages 12-15) for six years. We won the championship in my third year.
- As the Prouty Project's Controller, I am responsible for all financial functions of the firm including: accounts payable, accounts receivable, invoicing, and budgeting. I work closely with Melissa, Senior Client Services Associate and Finance Manager, in an effort to successfully carry out these duties.
- I joined the Prouty Project team in September of 2005. Prior to joining, I spent four years building my business, Knack's Accounting Service, Inc. that continues to run strong today.
- Having served as a Controller, a General Manager, and an Accounting Supervisor for various organizations in the Twin Cities, I have found my niche in helping small businesses with their accounting and business administration needs.
- Education: University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management, B.S. Business.
- My favorite quote: “I cannot change yesterday. I can only make the most of today, and look with hope toward tomorrow.” ~ Anonymous
Top Ten Things to Know About Jeff:
- My wife, Mary, and I live in Eden Prairie, a southwest Minneapolis suburb. We have two beautiful daughters, Paige and Shea, both adopted from China. Mary is on the Board of the National Charity League (Minnesota chapter), Paige is a freshman at Chapman University (Orange, California) and Shea is a sophomore at Minnetonka High School (a saxophone player in the Minnetonka marching band).
- I founded the business in 1987, after spending seven great years with Coopers & Lybrand (now PricewaterhouseCoopers) in Minneapolis and New York City.
- I love working with senior management teams and boards of directors on strategic planning and team issues.
- I love to climb big mountains (see STRETCH EXPEDITIONS on our website), workout at Life Time Fitness and Higher Power Training, scour magazines, and entertain on Think Tank II (see Think Tank II on our website).
- I am excited about: the creation of our STRETCH Foundation (2005); sharing stories from my "radical sabbatical" (much of it in China, 2006); and participating in 2006-2016 Dancing Dads 'n Daughters competition with Paige and Shea.
- My professional/community involvement includes: Board of Advisors, Decision Pulse, LLC; Board of Inspiration, FINNEGAN's Inc.; Chairman of Sigma Phi Epsilon Iowa State University Capital Campaign; member, Families with Children from China; member, Association for Strategic Planning (and host of monthly Jammin' Sessions since 1996); Junior League of Minneapolis Community Volunteer of the Year (1996); Volunteer Teacher, Maasai Girls School, Monduli, Tanzania (1997); volunteer with the Ronald McDonald House "Cooks for Kids."
- Previous Boards include: Board of Advisors, Inspirada Dreams; Board of Directors, Sigma Phi Epsilon National Fraternity; Board of Directors, Crisis Connection; Board of Directors, ASTD Minnesota; Board of Advisors, Junior League of Minneapolis; Board of Advisors, B.E.S.T. United Way; Board of Advisors, Stirtz Bernards; and Board of Advisors, RW Trend Inc.; Board of Directors, JMS Companies.
- Education: Graduated with honors, Iowa State University, B.S. in Business Administration (1979).
- Recent conferences include: The Strategic Coach, Toronto, Ontario; Fitness Ridge, St. George, UT; Human Performance Institute/The Corporate Athlete, Orlando, FL; Innovative Thinking Conference, Capetown, South Africa; Strategic Leadership Forum, New York, NY.
- One of my favorite quotes: “Every day, our clients turn to us for deep inspiration. Their most frequent request is that they want us to proactively bring them new ideas. This must be core to our mission.” ~ Marshall Lux
Top 10 Things To Know About Chad:
- My wife Dana and I live on Pokegama Lake in Grand Rapids, MN. We have three blonde boys - Owen, Blake, and Ben, and our beloved Yellow Lab Belle.
- I love to travel and experience new places and cultures. I’ve been to 41 states and 19 countries - so far!
- One of my favorite activities is playing “old man hockey” on Sunday nights in the winter.
- As a sales professional, I genuinely enjoy developing plans that contribute to something bigger for an organization. It’s about the long-term potential that exists when connections are real. I like analyzing numbers and data and enjoy crafting creative elements that deliver for my clients.
- What makes me go to work every day is the ability to connect. I love connecting with co-workers, clients, and partners.
- I have my commercial pilot’s license and someday hope to have a float plane parked at the end of our dock.
- I’ve coached football at the collegiate level, and now enjoy coaching my sons’ hockey and soccer teams.
- I love the outdoors and spend as much time there as I can. Hiking, biking, fishing, hunting, skiing, camping, rock climbing, boating, you name it.
- I graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Minnesota, Crookston with a degree in Aviation, and have a B.S. in Marketing from St. Cloud State University.
- My favorite Quote: “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.” ~T.S. Eliot
Top Ten Things to Know About Sam:
- My two greatest roles in life are husband and father to my wife Maureen and 5 kids (Emily, Charlie, Natalie, Oliver and Wesley). The stories and adventures are endless!
- My two favorite questions are “what if?” and “why not?” My two favorite statements are “we can!” and “let’s go!”
- My mission is to engage, encourage and equip leaders, teams and organizations to STRETCH beyond themselves and what is known to what is seemingly unimaginable.
- My vision is to be used as a catalyst for moving my world from self to serve and excuse to excellence. Will you join me?
- Early in my career, I once jogged 2 miles in the rain in a full business suit to get to a client site after my car broke down. I’d do the same today, but I drive better cars so I can provide great service in more meaningful ways.
- I was the Captain of the Michigan State University Men’s Gymnastics Team. I performed in the Super Bowl XXVI halftime show. I am the voice of the University of Minnesota Men’s Gymnastics team home meets.
- Organizations engage me as a speaker, designer, and facilitator. From the platform of inspiring a STRETCH mindset to drive “next in practice” results, to designing and facilitating experiential retreats resulting in bigger goals, bolder strategies and better collaboration.
- My current community / charitable involvement includes coaching youth athletics and serving with Tapestry Families, Cheerful Givers, and CRU Inner City Boxes of Love.
- Certifications: Grove Strategic Visioning, Drexler/Sibbet Team Performance Model (The Grove Consultants International), Emotional Intelligence (Institute for Health and Human Potential), GROW Coaching (InsideOut Development), StandOut Strengths Assessment (The Marcus Buckingham Company), Optimal Motivation (The Ken Blanchard Companies), Action Selling (The Sales Board), DiSC Behavioral Assessment (Inscape).
- Favorite quote: “From where you are to where you’re destined, you must be willing to STRETCH!”
Top Ten Things to Know About Jayna:
- I currently live in Plymouth in my townhome I purchased in August of 2014.
- I enjoy spending time with my family, friends, mentee, Brianna, and Labradoodle, Dublin. I also enjoy attending University of Minnesota sporting events (I bleed maroon and gold!), working out, and volunteering at Feed My Starving Children.
- I am a proud aunt to my 6-year-old niece, Meara, and 3-year-old nephew, Connor.
- My older brother named me after a cartoon character ("Jayna" was one of the Super Twins on the cartoon, Superfriends.)
- I’ve been on two of our Stretch Expeditions. In 2009 I went to South Africa and participated in the Cape Argus Cycle tour and survived wind gusts of up to 40 miles per hour! In 2014 I went to Morocco and shared an incredible experience with my mom volunteering with children and restoring a hospital.
- I ensure the office is running like a "Swiss watch", support at Human Resource functions of the firm, organize our monthly Jammin' Sessions, plan our annual Stretch Expeditions, and manage our boat on Lake Minnetonka, the Think Tank II.
- I provide consulting support and client relationship management for Jeff Prouty and his efforts in the Strategic Planning practice area.
- I currently serve on the Associates Board for the Minnesota chapter of Positive Coaching Alliance. PCA is a national non-profit developing “better athletes, better people” by working to provide all youth and high school athletes a positive, character-building youth sports experience.
- Education: University of Minnesota, B.A. Public Relations and Business Management.
- My favorite quote: “I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." ~Maya Angelou
Top 10 Things To Know About Andrea:
- After spending time living first in Virginia, and then in Indiana, I recently moved back home to Minnesota. My Mini Cooper, “Ella,” and I now live in Richfield.
- When I’m not working, I love to read, bake, paint, see movies, check out plays and musicals, try new restaurants, and spend time with friends and family.
- I joined the Prouty Project in March 2014.
- As a Senior Consultant, I provide consulting support and marketing strategy for the strategic planning practice area.
- I have 15 years of marketing, PR, and event planning experience. Before joining the Prouty Project, I ran the PR department for GdB in Minneapolis, where I designed and led PR campaigns for clients ranging from Fortune 500s to start-up companies. Prior to that, I was a Senior Associate at Exponent Public Relations, specializing in food and nutrition clients.
- Education: B.A. in Communication from St. Olaf College; MBA with concentrations in Marketing and Organizational Management and Strategy from Virginia Tech.
- I’m a certified yoga instructor and enjoy a daily practice of exercise and meditation.
- I love to sing, act, and dance, and have been performing on stage since the age of 3. "Breakout" roles include Lana Ladybug in my 2nd grade play “Goin’ Buggy,” and Cinderella in “Into the Woods” during my senior year in high school.
- Travel is part of my lifeblood. I love learning about new places and cultures, trying new foods, and making friends around the world. Last year alone, I went to Belize twice and to Morocco.
- My favorite quote: “The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.” ~ Pablo Picasso
Top 10 Things To Know About Robyn:
- Professionally, I’m known as “The Trendmaster.” I admit to being a paradox, given that I’m as curious about ancient civilizations as I am about the future.
- I went to one of the last one-room country schoolhouses in the state of MN. I graduated with honors from Mankato State University with a BS in Business, Marketing and a second major in Textile and Clothing Merchandising.
- I have over 30 years experience in retail. I’ve held positions in the fashion, trend, design, and buying areas at all levels of the retail chain, including a moderate Midwestern department store, a high-end carriage trade store in Jackson MS, and a retail jewel, Jordan Marsh, in Boston, MA.
- After 10+ years as Fashion Director at Jordan Marsh, I was laid off by speakerphone (along with the entire management team) when the company was merged with A&S, now Macy’s.
- About that time I had an epiphany: Good design shouldn’t have to be expensive! I returned home to Minneapolis as a Trend Coordinator for Target stores. When I arrived in 1992, Target was a small regional discounter with sales of $3B. When I left Target in 2002 I was Vice President of Trend, Design & Product Development, and corporate sales exceeded $42B. Target had become the country’s favorite upscale discounter, “Tarzhay.”
- At the age of 50 I left the corporate world and reinvented myself as an author, speaker, and consultant. I’ve written 2 books: The Trendmaster’s Guide and The Hummer and the Mini: Navigating the Contradictions of The New Trend Landscape (Penguin, Portfolio).
- 2004 was a banner year. I was featured as one of the top 20 “Creative Mavericks” in Fast Co.’s first annual “Masters of Design” issue; as a new author I was invited to Bill Gate’s Microsoft CEO summit; and best of all, I met my future husband.
- Since leaving the corporate world I have keynoted at conferences across the US and Canada, South America, and Europe. Former clients include P&G, Nestle, Gap, Starbucks, Fidelity Investments, Hewlett Packard, Mattel, Bank of Ireland, Wrigley, Hershey, Starwood Hotels, Marriott, Plantronics, to name a few.
- My husband and I were married on a dude ranch in Wickenburg, Arizona. We make it a point to return often to the Southwest to rejuvenate our souls. There’s something about the wide-open spaces and big vistas that encourage fresh thinking.
- One of my favorite quotes: “It’s our choices that show what we really are, far more than our abilities.” Dumbledore to Harry Potter
Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose
by Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos
“The Prouty Project was instrumental in helping us organize our succession planning. Setting our vision and determining our short term and long term goals definitely assisted in narrowing our focus on what we wanted to accomplish with our strategic plan. In fact, our entire team engaged in the process which has allowed everyone to reach both personal and professional goals. With Prouty’s guidance, we have become solid. Companies need to understand that they can reach goals that seem unattainable." Chris Zuspann President / Partner | Frerichs Construction
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
“The Prouty Project was instrumental in helping us organize our succession planning. Setting our vision and determining our short term and long term goals definitely assisted in narrowing our focus on what we wanted to accomplish with our strategic plan. In fact, our entire team engaged in the process which has allowed everyone to reach both personal and professional goals. With Prouty’s guidance, we have become solid. Companies need to understand that they can reach goals that seem unattainable."
Chris Zuspann President / Partner | Frerichs Construction